۱۳۸۸ مرداد ۷, چهارشنبه

Preston Sturges



Sullivan's Travels (6/10)


Sullivan: This picture is an answer to Communists. It shows we're awake and not dunking our heads in the sand, like a bunch of ostriches. I want this picture to be a commentary on modern conditions, stark realism, the problems that confront the average man
Mr. Lebrand: But with a little sex.
Sullivan: A little, but I don't want to stress it. I want this picture to be a document. I want to hold a mirror up to life. I want this to be a picture of dignity, a true canvas of the suffering of humanity.
Mr. Lebrand: But with a little sex.
Sullivan: (resigned) With a little sex in it.


( i would like to compare this with Ninotchka, but it's difficult, anyway these two are completely different, reminding eachother. )

۱ نظر:

ye_bamdad گفت...

خوبه که فیلم میبینی باز هم